Thursday, November 20, 2014

Coffee Date


Good Morning, Y'all! As of today I have been at my new job for a week. I'm still loving it. Everyone asks me at the end of the day, "you sure you're coming back tomorrow?" I'm not sure if they're scared I'm leaving or what. Either way, I always say yes and I keep coming back. I feel like it's been awhile since I let myself go in the blog, so I figure a Coffee Date would be a perfect time for that

...If we were having coffee, we probably wouldn't be at my house. It's a mess. I'd take you to the cute little coffee shop in downtown Monroe. Not even exaggerating a little bit: my place is a mess. I haven't cleaned it in far too long. Oops. I'd then ask how you were doing and catch up.

...If we were having coffee, I'd admit (probably in tears) that I have been not nearly patient enough with Zander lately. He and I have been yelling at each other way too much lately, and I know he's doing it because I'm doing it. It's a vicious circle that I know I need to be the one to end. I'm trying. I'm praying. It's hard, y'all.

...If we were having coffee, I'd confide in you that I'm really nervous about this being the first Thanksgiving without my Grandma. We used to always have Thanksgiving at her house. I'm looking forward to having it at my mom's house, and we'll still have Grandma's table, but part of me is sad that she won't be here.

...If we were having coffee, I'd tell you my mother in law will be joining us at my mom's for Thanksgiving. We're very happy to have her join us, but Josh and I had to encourage her to say yes. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go.

...If we were having coffee, I'd also tell you the great news that my Mother in Law got last week. After two years of working part time with the company she's with, they offered her a full time position with benefits and paid time off! I'm so happy for her. She really deserves it.

...If we were having coffee, I'd probably mention that I need to quit drinking coffee since I put way too much creamer in mine. I can feel the scale slowly starting to creep back up. Either I need to put down the coffee cup, or I need to put on my running shoes more than once a week. Probably both. But coffee is just so good. So hello, running shoes. Do you want to help me stay on track?

...If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I have shamelessly been watching the Geronimo video (by Sheppard) on repeat. I heard this song for the first time back in October. I'm obsessed. Yes, I love the Taylor Swift stuff too. (#noShame). But this song is so dang catchy! I'm a sharer:





...If we were having coffee, I'd hope by this point you would've shared something in the conversation too because by this point I feel like it's a bit one sided. I'd probably also have to pee after having so much coffee.

...If we were having coffee, we'd talk about how Zander isn't in the after-school program anymore. We took him out earlier this week. Now the neighbor across the street picks him up from school and we pay her to watch him the last 2 hours after school before I get home. The school raised their rates way too much, and we said "nope".

...If we were having coffee, I'd ask if you wanted to go find some moonshine. I saw this video on buzzfeed where people tasted different kinds of moonshine, including cherries soaked in it. I want to try moonshine soaked cherries. My step mom also told me about cherries soaked in Fireball. I want to try those too. Lets get drunk on alcohol infused cherries!

What would you share if we were on a coffee date? Who wants to have a coffee date with me? C'mon over! :)

25 comments :

  1. I recently took up running, if you want someone to cheer you on!


    I would share about my novel with you. I'm over 27,000 words, so I could tell you plenty about the plot and characters. I'd also understand how you feel about your grandmother, and offer a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love someone to cheer me on. I'm such a slacker when it comes to running / working out. Good for you for starting to run though! That's awesome. Thanks for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Nice catching up with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to catch up! I'll be sure to add bourbon in your coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love withe that video! Can we have a cardboard battle too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! 100% yes! (are you sure we're adults??)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna go with "no". I think we try to be, but really we're not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god I like to soak really anything in booze (helllo deep fried tequila shot connoisseur over here.) I would totally be down for finding some good moonshine, I hear South Carolina is the place to go! Also I'm glad you still love your job!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you found a new job so quickly!!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love me some moonshine! :P I feel ya on the patience thing with Zander. I have been losing my cool with Kenzie a lot lately. We are still good mothers. Let's pray for each other in that department mama! & you better not give up on coffee! "/ just cut back on the creamer a little. I normally buy sugar free & try not to put a lot in mine anymore. It took time to get used too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe I've NEVER had moonsine (@Kasey Decker I know, you hush... I'll get some I promise) hahaha. It's SO rough dealing with these kiddos lately. I really hope you can find peace. I'll pray for you for sure mama. <3
    I don't think I'll give up on coffee. Melissa shared a skinny peppermint mocha recipe yesterday so I think I'm OK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. we were just meant to be friends. Do I detect a road trip possibility in our near future? hahaha. k & m do the carolinas! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummmm moonshine! I feel you with the patience thing. It IS a vicious cycle but remember they go through stages just like we do as parents! This too shall pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited that you are liking your new job and that they are asking if you are coming back (that means they like you!)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks sweetie! I can definitely tell that they like me. They've even started threatening people saying if they scare me away they'll regret it. hahahaha. (jokingly of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. *deep breaths!* it's the weekend now! we can finally relax. I know you get it. lol. these kids... craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Geronimo!!! And I need to cut out the creamer too. I never used it until I started living with my parents - they make their coffee so different to me that I started adding it for some help with the flavor ha. Not sure I need the calories though. ..
    Ah mama I hear you on the patience thing...it's so darn hard sometimes. We will get better at it. I know it!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's such an amazing song! between that and pitbull's fireball, I'm in love! <3
    The creamer is definitely the killer. I did good for so long without it... or minimal. then pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha came back out. lol.
    it's comforting to know I'm not alone with the patience thing, but I hate that you and Meagan are going through it too. ugh. at least we have each other to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My oldest and I went through a phase where it felt like every single day was a battle. I yelled a lot back then, but sometimes that stuff happens. Don't beat yourself up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the kind words! It's comforting to know I'm not alone <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. If we were having coffee and you told me you were worried about too much creamer in your coffee, I'd tell you to spike it with mooshine instead of creamer! ;) (LOVE these posts...I know I say that every week!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is great for your MIL and being made full time! Hooray. Sad about Thanksgiving and your grandmother though, always hard to have reminders. And, yeah I totally put too much creamer in mine too...oops. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a feeling with the rest of the family being there we'll have a great time, but i'm still stressing. ugh. thanks for the kind words. (why is creamer SO good??) lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL I like the moonshine idea! want to go with me to find some? I really want to try soaking cherries in them!!

    ReplyDelete