Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Exciting Ramen & Hey Kerri Llama!

Show of hands to those of y'all that were forced to eat Ramen for dinner because that's all you could afford? Don't be shy, I'm pretty sure all of us have been there at some point. What if I told you I could make your Ramen taste better than just noodles with seasoned salt? OK, sure I wouldn't eat it unless I really had to, but at least now it tastes like an actual meal!

I present to y'all,

For Teriyaki Ramen
What you'll need:
*based on one serving / one packet of Ramen
  • 1 Packet Oriental flavor Ramen
  • Spoonful of Grape jelly
  • 2 Tsp (approx) of Sugar
  • (optional) 1 Tsp of Instant coffee
What you'll do: 
+ Boil a pot of water & cook noodles as normal. I really hope y'all know how to boil noodles! If not, please google! ha.
+ Drain most of the water off the noodles. Leaving enough to mix with the seasoning packet (included) Return noodles back to pot for mixing
+ Mix jelly, sugar, coffee, and seasoning packet until well blended
+Enjoy!

*For a little something extra, you can throw in some peanuts for more flavor and some crunch!

*Now, I don't like my Ramen super soupy, so these can be adjusted depending on how much water you like in yours. These directions are based on my preferences. 

Now, what if teriyaki isn't your favorite? Not a problem!!

Cheeseburger Ramen! 
What you'll need:
*based on one serving / one packet of Ramen
  • 1 Packet Beef flavor Ramen
  • 1 spoonful Ketchup
  • 1/2 spoonful Mayonnaise
  • 1 spoonful Mustard
  • 2 Tsp Pickle juice
  • Handful Crushed up cheese-its (or orginal Doritos, because we didn't have cheese-its... Improv, people, it's how I roll!) 
What you'll do:
+ Cook the noodles, just like above!
+ Drain most of the water off the noodles. Leaving enough to mix with the seasoning packet (included) Return noodles back to pot for mixing
+ Mix everything together until well-blended!
+ Enjoy!

What's the last meal you spiced up with a few changes?

And now, I'd like to introduce another one of my amazing
Mama Llama sponsors! So don't run off just yet! 

I'm so happy to have Kerri from Hey Herri Blog on my sidebar this month! Her blog is so fun, and I really wish Canada wasn't so far away so we could maybe get to meet!
Take it away, Kerri!!

Describe yourself in four words. 
Adventurous
Girly
Organzied
Caring


 I really love your blogging style. What made you start blogging?
Thank you! I wish I could remember exactly how I stumbled into the *lifestyle* blogging world because for the last four years I only ever thought of blogs being beauty and style related. All I remember is it was Erin's blog Living in Yellow sometime last spring then I found Anne's blog from Love the Here & Now. Before that I had a blog created (after trying and failing at being beauty related) but was completely intrigued by the whole lifestyle concept, I decided I wanted to give it a try. Anne's blog is actually what pushed me to take my own seriously and made me realize it was actually something I wanted to do - boy am I glad I found her blog :)

You're a new addition to the crayon box. Which color would you be, and why?
Ouuuuuuuu, this is a good question! I'm going to go with a deep jet black that has gorgeous hues of different colored glitter when the light hits it.

But not the chunky glitter that makes it really hard to color with and scrapes the paper - more like I finely milled sprinkle of sparkle.

Can we call it Midnight Magic as well? ((editor's note: YES! good answer!))


What's the best advice you've ever gotten about blogging? 
"Never hit publish on a post that you wouldn't want to read yourself." -This is something that I try to take into consideration with everything I write. ((editor's note: This is a good one and I would agree!))

What's your favorite movie quote?
"You know, I really thought it was that can't-eat, can't-sleep, reach-for-the-stars, over- the-fence, World Series kind of stuff." - It Takes Two.

THIS QUOTE WILL NEVER GROW OLD! And now I want to watch every Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen movie!


If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
Hands down chicken stir fry with extra water chestnuts! I don't think I could ever get sick of that meal. Chicken is the only *meat* I eat, honey garlic sauce is amazzzzzzing plus simmered vegetables are drool worthy.

And it may or may not be one of the only meals I can make without ruining ;)


Isn't she so fun, y'all? I just love her AND her blog! Who wants to join together to go see her in Canada?
Want more HKB? follow along!


 photo featured sponsor2_zpsov6ixzlo.jpg

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

14 comments :

  1. These are really cool ideas for spicing up Ramen! Hubby actually loves Ramen but I do not. Maybe I should try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha yeah. Josh likes Ramen way more than I do. He actually asked for Ramen last night. He likes spicy so I made shrimp ramen with Wasabi and hot sauce. he LOVED it. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing :) You are such a great sponsor...truly!! Planning on sponsoring soon...had to get back above water over here <3 Love getting to know other bloggers through these interviews!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have you back!! :) Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kerri :) Canada is SO close to me...let's go visit! and omg, who knew about all the ways to spice up ramen?! We always have some around because Ethan loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerri!!!! water chestnuts are the best! Like I swear I could eat them everyday!! I'm so glad you started blogging, your blog is the shiz. Melissa- your Ramen meals are so fun! I hate to admit it but I LOVE Ramen...like I can't keep it in the house or I'll devour it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha!! ever since I started spicing up the ramen Josh refuses to let me make it any other way. it's pretty hilarious. I as wasabi Mayo to his shrimp flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha I want to go visit Keri too! and I bet Ethan would love the cheeseburger ramen!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh Kerri is awesome!! I seriously want that crayon color now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be honest... I don't know if I would've ever made those combinations but I think I might have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. RIGHT?! it really needs to happen ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may or may not fully disclose where I learned these just yet, but yes.. DO THEM... it seriously changes the way you think of Ramen!

    ReplyDelete