Sunday, November 2, 2014

Everything Happens For A Reason.

So last week I had a lot of blogging inspiration and I was able to schedule out a lot of posts for this week coming up. Today I'm writing on a Sunday to share somethings that happened this past Friday.

It was a normal workday. I got in a little before 8 AM like I always do. I went to my morning meetings (one at 8 and one at 10), and I did my daily activities. My job was to schedule tank trucks for bulk shipments at a glue factory. Two weeks ago, corporate had decided that by the plants picking their own carriers for the bulk shipments we were losing too much money. So they switched to C.H. Robinson to start routing the carriers. This meant I still had to pull the open order report each morning, but instead of me calling carriers, I had to send OUR report to CHR so they could see the new orders that needed routing and contact carriers that they wanted to use.
I still needed to be in the loop though, because whenever they found coverage for something, it had to be added to the plant's trucking schedule. This was the Bible for production. With this schedule, they knew exactly which order was supposed to be loaded and when. CHR did not have access to this schedule.

With CHR taking over, I didn't have a full day of work, so I had started to help some of the other departments like I had been when I first started. My boss had even requested that I do that so I would have something to do. Purchasing was one department that really needed my help! It seemed like things were working pretty well. Until this past Friday.

I usually leave at 4:30 pm. At 4:25 on Halloween, my boss emailed me asking me to go see him before I left. Now, I'm sure with everyone reading this you know what's coming. The job equivalent of "we need to talk". It's never a good talk. At the time, in my mind, I was thinking he wanted to talk about something work related. This week coming up one of the shipping team leads is supposed to be on vacation so in my mind I thought he wanted to talk about me helping them out next week.
WRONG!
I sat down with my pen and notepad, ready to take notes. I didn't need to take notes. He explained to me about corporate going in a new direction with logistics. I knew this. Then he said it, "We just don't have the budget to justify keeping you on board."

There it was. They let me go. I'm without a job. AGAIN. I was really bummed about it Friday, but after talking to some of my amazing blogging friends I'm feeling better about it. I've already sent my resume out. The staffing agency has sent it out as well. I fully believe this will be short term. I can feel my friends praying for me, and I know God has a plan for me.

So, to those that have already been praying for me: Thank you. To those that are just now finding out about this: prayers are appreciated. I have faith God has an amazing plan, and I know now that things happen for a reason, but prayers that this is short term are always welcomed.

Happy Sunday, y'all. I'm off to make breakfast for the kiddos now that they're awake. (Thanks, kids for actually giving me that extra hour that was promised today!). Later I'll be headed to the Atlanta Blogger Meetup! If you're a blogger in the Atlanta area, you should definitely come!

25 comments :

  1. Praying for you sweet friend! God's got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that they laid you off. Unemployment is never fun. I've noticed lately in Nashville, businesses are recruiting like crazy. I hope this turn of events lands you in a place where you're happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say it again... Stay positive! Better things are coming your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melissa, that's so rough and I empathize with your stress! Sending all the best thoughts your way and I can't wait to hear what amazing opportunity you wind up with in its place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry girl! Feel free to text me! I am praying! Something better is headed your way, I feel it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear this. Since I have met you though the one thing that resonates in your personality is that you are outgoing and a go-getter. Things will fall kin place for you and more than likely it will be something even better. You know why? Because you deserve it! Sending positive vibes and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nooooo!!! So sorry to read this today so late! Definitely will pray for y'all, good things are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much sweetie! It's easier to see that this time rather than last time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, the unemployment rate in Georgia is so much lower than it was even just a few weeks ago. I'm positive it won't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks. yesterday afternoon was a little harder to stay positive, but it helps knowing there's lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks sweetie. I have faith it'll be short term. I need to make some calls today, but I've already had several people ask me to send my resume.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks I have faith it'll work out. everything happens for a reason, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so, so much for the sweet words, friend! It's encouraging to know that so many people are thinking of me and praying for me. a few months ago, pre-blogging, I never would've dreamed to post something like this online. Now that I have so many wonderful friends and followers I'm glad I did post this. It's good to know I have so many thoughts and prayers from so many kind people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad we were able to talk yesterday. Thanks for the encouragement. <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It will all work out! I have no doubt at all in my mind about that. You're a great person and really any company would be very lucky to have you on their team. <3 You!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you, friend. :) it's really sweet of you to say. I <3 you too! time to adjust to a few days of disney channel and car races. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been there. It totally sucks because it has absolutely nothing to do with how awesome you are and how hard you work and that they didn't take that into consideration. Everything will work out though. You'll find something even better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so sorry girl. I will be praying that you find something soon! Let me know if you need to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks so much sweetie. It's really comforting to know so many people are thinking about me and praying for me. It was strange being home today after not being home the last three months. :/ I'll email you tomorrow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks! I love you! this is why you're my person because you get it. xoxo I kept getting texts from the guys in production today that just found out today... they weren't happy. oh well. their loss, right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like I told you before - it all does happen for a reason. Maybe you were supposed to spend time at home with the kids. Or take time for yourself. Who knows. Good luck finding another job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe he fired you on Halloween. What a jerk. Seriously that is so awful I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. God's plan is MIGHTY and will glorify Him, Melissa!!!! You are in the BEST hands! Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love YOU my dear! thanks so much for your continued support, kind words, and prayer. you're truly a great friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. it was definitely a shocker! the job hunt is on in full force

    ReplyDelete