Monday, February 9, 2015

A Simple Ray of Sunshine

Four concrete walls. That's all she has to stare at.
There's no sun. No birds singing. Just those walls.
Tears remain constant in the corners of her eyes.
"Is this my new reality?" she wonders silently.
Prayers for rays to come through the one window prove futile.
The air is stagnate, stale, and suffocating.
Eventually she accepts her fate; She fades into darkness.
At least this isn't permanent.
Right?


For the first time in what feels like forever,
I'm linking up with Emily for Grateful Heart.
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

I have so much to be grateful for, y'all. I really do. Something I've really been aware of in the last week. I'll eventually get to all of that... However, as of lately I'm grateful for the sun.
For the past week I've spent every moment possible outside with one or both of the kids, depending on who's home with me. The sun has made me just as happy as being with my kids all day. The sun reminds me there is always a chance for something new. A new day. A new smile. I keep my curtains open until the sun sets, letting the natural light flood the entire house. You don't really know what you miss until you're forced into not having it.

Not being able to feel the sun warm my face for the past month tore me apart. I'm grateful for the ability to finally go outside whenever I please. It's not much, but it's something to me. Something big. I love it.

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.pngWhat are y'all grateful for this week?

31 comments :

  1. I love this post. A great reminder not to take the little things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right....I cried!! I'm so grateful you have the sun again too! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tears, I'm so happy things are better now. The sun has been shining bright for you!! You deserve all the sunshine my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That's what I was going for. :) It's raining here today, but I'm still loving that. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Sorry! I tried to warn you. *hugs* I love you too!! Thanks for your support

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Totally agree with all the previous comments! Especially a reminder never to take anything for granted xoxo, sweet lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sun shining down on us is such a simple joy, and one we probably take for granted too often. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an amazing poet! MORE PLEASE!


    P.S. do we need to make a Poetry button?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! :) We complain about the weather in general, but when we don't get a chance to go outside and be IN the weather we really take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. I love you, you know that right? ;) Maybe it's time for a poetry button. Not sure if I labeled the last one "poetry" but that can be fixed

    ReplyDelete
  11. yesssssssssssssssssss I'm thankful for the sun + also that you're back in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the little things! Great reminder for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy the sun and opening all the curtains to let the light shine. I take the sun for granted some days, but after a few days of overcast or rain, I welcome the sun back and I am grateful for the way it lights up the house as it shines through windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the sun is a powerful thing for sure! i'm in portland, oregon where it's currently in it's dreary rainy season which feels like lasts forever. however...it does make me appreciate at that sun even more when it finally pops its head out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. soo true! It's amazing to think that we have the mindset of being angry at the sun for the heat, etc... but as soon as we don't have it we're grumble. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  16. so true!! when you don't have the sun for an extended amount of time you love it even more when you do see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen, friend!! Feeling the sun on my face after weeks of bleak and grey is such an amazing feeling...rejuvenating, healing, warming - you really feel the power of being renewed! Here's to the little things that we often overlook! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so easily taken for granted in our lives. I'm so glad you see that sun and are taking advantage of it every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excuse me while I pick myself up from this puddle. XO. I'm in full agreement with Amanda. Have that lady make you a Poetry button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Consider it done! ;) I'm so glad we were able to catch up!! I've really missed you

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is beautiful. shows your amazing heart. and yes, the sun...it makes all the difference to see it shining and feel it's warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww I love you!! :) thanks for your sweet words. I knew you'd love it because of the sun, miss cali lady! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks so much sweetie! this was a little difficult to write, but I'm glad everyone liked it

    ReplyDelete