Monday, February 23, 2015

Rambles on Exercising.

A Random picture to go with my Rambles today!
I found that picture on google a while back, and I need it framed for when I get an office in our house! ... moving on... 

I must confess, y'all. I'm a bad blogger. Or maybe I'm a liar. Maybe both. 
Allow me to explain... On my sidebar, I say I blog about staying healthy. Except, when was the last time y'all read anything from me about staying healthy? Oh wait... I can tell you... it was Jan 1, the last time I went running

Y'all, I even said in that post that I would do better with the My Fitness Pal app. I have not done better. In all fairness, for the entire month of Jan, I was kind of M.I.A. So there's that. I also have not been running since that last week of December. I could use the excuse that it's been entirely too cold to justify running. (Yes, 30 degrees in GA is cold! Sorry to those that are in the teens and negatives, but I will complain about 30 degrees!) 

I do have good news for y'all though. I haven't been completely inactive since my return. It may have taken me several weeks to get back on track, but I am going to do this. I do have some accomplishments to celebrate and some goals that I want to meet. I'm sharing them with you so maybe y'all can help keep me accountable. Deal?

Why I'm celebrating? 
I did get back into working out. All by myself (without anyone saying, "Hey, Melissa! Maybe you shouldn't eat that donut.") 

What am I doing?
Zumba mostly. No, I'm not going to any classes outside of my house. We have an xbox and a kinect, so I'm using the Zumba Rush game. I've mentioned playing it before in my old blog. Basically, you can make your own Zumba class by picking songs, or choose from a pre-loaded class that comes with the game. 
In addition to Zumba, I'm doing Dance Central on xbox and free weights in my living room. (Lots of squats, y'all!) I'm also using my fitness pal to keep track of what I'm eating. I may not always eat the BEST foods in the world, but at least I won't eat the whole box of cookies... just a few of them! 
What are my goals?
Well, honestly I'm not 100% sure of my current weight. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the rage of 185 - 190 lbs. (Yikes!) I do know, whatever my starting weight is, I would like to lose 25-30 lbs by my brother in law's wedding. 
So, to break it down, I would like to lose 1-2 lbs a week. I want to be healthy about it though. 
I plan to start linking up with Rebekah for the Step up Sunday to help keep me accountable. I feel like posting my success and/or failures publicly each week will help me. That's the idea anyway. 

How can you help?
Add me on my fitness pal! (MCam87) for starters. If you're already friends with me on there and you don't see me do anything for a few days, feel free to yell at me! 
Tweet me, message me, do whatever you need to to push me back on track! Tough love is welcomed here, y'all! 
Any suggestions on healthy snacks or stuff y'all do to exercise at home is welcomed as well!
Now that I think about it, I need to go back and re-read Cassie's post about staying motivated

I'm starting this week with a grateful heart & linking up with Emily. 
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

I'm grateful that I have the willpower to do this in a healthy fashion. I don't have to rely on pills or crash diets. I think because I stick to healthy choices is a big reason that I've been able to maintain my weight for the past 6 months.  I'm grateful for all of the support I have from my friends and family outside of the blogging world. It's a big help, seriously. 
So what have you done lately to get back on track? 
 photo featured sponsor2_zpsov6ixzlo.jpg

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

30 comments :

  1. I love the Xbox workout games! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to get my butt in gear with exercising as well, mainly gaining back my motivation! I can't figure out how to add someone on MyFitnessPal for the life of me but feel free to add moi, my user name is heykerri :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may or may not have remembered to log my food for the last several days. oops. :/ I'll try to figure out how to add you. but TBH, everyone else has added me. hahaha. we can get this technology thing, right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't make it. I can't remember where I found it but I need it framed! lol.
    you're so sweet you know that? I'm. happy to be such an inspiration but I'm definitely don't it for me! lol. :) you've foot this too sweetie!! and yes! get mfp for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I love when people are motivated. I am so adding you on myfitnesspal also did someone say #accountabilitypartner?! Let's help each other out! I know you can succeed at this! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not agree more. It is so hard to keep up with exercising on these frigid days...although we are about 40 degrees below that here! I have tried to do what I can this winter, but I can feel the affects of not being as active as summer/fall on my back especially. I love your drive and being so honest. You will get there...you are amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES #accountabilitypartner! 100% YES! :D please do add me. I didn't log ALL WEEKEND! epic fail. but right back at it today. (oatmeal breakfast!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a lot of upheaval this year already so don't be too harsh on yourself. Sounds like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's been sooo cold! thanks for the encouragement sweetie! I know you'll get there too. You look amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is true. I feel better working out though. Plus, I started getting (back) into it before things went all crazy. I feel better when I'm active. I can't sit and be idle while I'm at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love working out for the first time ever so I'm staying motivated there... But this snowy, cold weather has killed my diet. Brownies, cookies, pizza, and junk galore! Ugh! I need to join my fitness pal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work out a lot but it's the food that's my poison-- and the dessert!!! Take it one step at a time- 1-2 pounds a week is very reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. UGH. I so need to get back on track... but really, its very cold outside and Hubs unhooked my Wii so I can't play my dance game *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
  14. woohoo good work getting back on track! i've found now that i'm getting more into a workout routine over the last few years (i lost 45 pounds 4 years ago) that now it's way more about mental health than physical health. i feel craaaazy when i don't get those endorphins flowing so hopefully you'll start feeling that too because that really helps with motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. get it girlfriend! although I think that Ainsley's dance moves probably have you beat! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness. All I want is pizza and soda and all the bad things. luckily, even if I don't do zumba during the day, Ainsley insists on listening to music while we do dishes or fold laundry, so we're pretty much always doing cardio. it counts, right? and YES! join!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES dessert is my weakness. I want all the cupcakes! *waaahh*

    ReplyDelete
  18. you can do it!! while hubs is at work can you connect the wii so you can do something? I've found it helps me a lot to do the at home stuff while hubs is at work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks so much!! AND GIIIRRRRLL we need to talk!! way to go for losing so much! I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago, got pregnant with Ainsley and gained it ALL back. Then last year lost 45 lbs. I've been maintaining ever since, so I'm all set to get back into it and lose even more. Maybe I need to get onto this whole30 that you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. you've got that right. baby girl can dance!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you go girl!! I'll keep you accountable if you keep me accountable!! I love Zumba..I do however go to a class and embarrass myself. Lol! I stand in the back though...always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, well done with getting back in shape! i lost the weight through following the p90x workout routine and changing all of my eating habits. i've gained back a few every now and then but feel like my body is finally where it's happy and supposed to be!

    i'm working on a post about my whole30 experience! it's definitely great to reset some behaviors but really challenging in other ways that have been hard and sometimes made me feel worse. more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woo hoo! I know you can stay on track! You are inspiring me to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I look forward to you joining us for the link up!!! It'll be great to have you there! And hey - I haven't seen any updates on MFP the last couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You can do it! I wanted to lose 10-15 lbs for my vacation. I'm at 6, which isn't bad! Feel free to yell at me too if you don't see anything on MFP in a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. you're not too far off then! I think you could totally pull off another 4-5 lbs. (We just have to really stay away from the cupcakes... right? ... RIGHT?) ugh lol. If I see you MIA I'll hit you up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. um well, you see.... um... hahaha no excuse. *hangs head in shame* I promise I JUST now ate something for today. I'm just super bad at logging what I ate!

    ReplyDelete
  28. aaaaand I'm pretty sure I replied to this yesterday but apparently not. fail. ugh. SO, I was going to say I wish I could GO to a class, but sadly that's not an option for me, so I stick to the DVDs and xbox at home. gotta work with what you've got, right?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Did you make that llama sign?! It's seriously perfect for you and this blog!! Ok, serious talk now. Lady, I am PROUD of you and I know I've said this before but you really do encourage me to get back on the fitness horse once again. As you know, my bro's wedding is quickly approaching and I need to be in tip-top shape to bawl my eyes out when I'm standing up there. haha ;) I'll have to get on the MyFitnessPal!

    ReplyDelete