Friday, February 20, 2015

Things I Love: Photography

There's a lot of things I love in life. A few I should probably mention immediately are my kids, my husband, and really great chocolate. I also love amazing photography! I have a deep appreciation for people that can snap a picture and turn it into something that gets hung in museums and are priceless works of art.

Today I'd like to introduce y'all to my sister, Becca. She's a recent graduate from Gwinnett Tech for photography, and she's pretty amazing. Her photos are something I really love, and I feel like the blogging world needs to know about her! Now, I'm not saying my sister has pictures in museums, but I am saying that she could. I might be a bit biased but I love her work.
Becca doesn't like to have her face in pictures ;)
When asked what type of photography she does she said,
"I specialize in Commercial Advertising Photography and play around with Conceptual Photography."

I also asked what her goals for her photography is. She answered with,
"I am trying to put together a portfolio of stuff I have edited or retouched to try and get my feet in a business of my own. Hopefully I will have that up soon!"
Personally, I think she has a real talent when it comes to retouching and editing. While she was in school, one of her projects was to retouch a photo. The photo she used was one from our Grandmother. It's got to be over 100 years old and the result was incredible. Well, just take a look:

Want to see more of her work? Easy... Bex Photos is where you want to go. On the site, she has a blog (it must run in the family!). It's a photography blog, but what else would you expect? I love scrolling through her new pictures each week. Last week, she "Illustrated a song"... Can you guess which song?

I love my sister, and I love that she's found her passion. It's not everyday where you know exactly what you want to do when you "grow up" Becca has figured it out. If you ask me, photography is her calling! She knows she doesn't enjoy photographing people because she's not comfortable "bossing" people around, and that's OK because she's making art with everything else!
Interested in buying one of her (amazing) pieces? Even easier! She has an etsy page!
"Trees" One of her pieces for sale

Do you share my love for photography? Do you know a local photographer that's just starting up? 
 photo featured sponsor2_zpsov6ixzlo.jpg

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

22 comments :

  1. The After photo is amazing! This post is such a lovely way to support your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she has a real talent for editing! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those pictures are amazing! :) You are such a sweet sister to support her and her love for photography but I wouldn't except anything less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! She has some really amazing work. She gave our mom a framed picture of a dinner she makes frequently - it's really perfect hanging in her kitchen! this one: http://bexphotos.com/pictures-for-sale/175999841 is hanging in my sister's house. it's one of my favorites! LOVE her!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talent! I love photography, too, but I am no good! I love other people's work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's amazing. I'm like you, I have no talent for photography so I love admiring other peoples'! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. She could make a killing in the wedding photog industry. But If people aren't her thing that's ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are fantastic! I'll definitely be checking out her etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool post, Melissa. I love learning about who/what inspires artists, especially photographers. I love the red balloon picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no kidding! I keep trying to tell her, but she likes working where she's at & doing artsy stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet! She'd love you for it! :) Her Cherry Garcia is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks! I love bragging about my little sis! 99 red balloons is one of her favorite songs. She mostly listens to it in German. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's so awesome that your sister has found what she loves! so many great photos and love that you support her the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your sister is miles ahead of where I was at that age. You are so right, what a wonderful thing to be so confident in knowing what your true passion is at such a young age. I wish I had!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, V! Coming from you that's a huge compliment! :) Yeah, she'll be 26 this year. I really admire that she's found her passion because frankly, I'm still looking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. These photos are gorgeous! What talent!! You both have great artistic talent...writing and photography. What a combination ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks so much, Liz! that means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Photography! I'm always so intrigued as to what inspires photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That's great!! Does she do small jobs if I had pictures to fix up like that one you posted?

    ReplyDelete
  20. she does!! on her website bexphotos.com there's a list of all her services and pricing :)

    ReplyDelete