Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Current Events from the Kids' Point of View

Many of us keep up with current events, right? We know what's going on (for the most part) in the world around us. We know what the weather is going to be like... or what it should be like... in the next few days, and we know which sports teams won the previous night. We stay up to date on our current events. And hey, if you're like Kenji, you keep up with all of the award shows! Heck, some of us can even spout out the silly laws that our states have!

However... What if you're two and five? Current events and news mean absolutely nothing.

"We get to take walks." I swear, there's something about walking somewhere that gets these gets so excited. So maybe it's a good thing that I don't have a car for now. Walking to the library and the park is always the best part of the day when we do it. This is a good one for me because it tends to tire them out to the point of they put themselves to bed at night!
This is more important than Georgia Senate passing the hot car bill.
"Yes, let's put that poll there."
"Mommy doesn't like PBS Kids." It's true. I really don't. I tolerate it because it's one of the few channels that has relatively educational programming when the kids do watch T.V. When I take over the T.V. though it goes straight to HGTV. Zander has told strangers in the store on numerous occasions that I don't like "pbskids.org". More proof that kids hear more than we think they do!
This is more important than the law that it's illegal to tie giraffes to a light pole in Georgia.

"Ainsley hit me!" I can't tell you how many times I've heard this during the day. No, I didn't sneak a typo in there, either. Ainsley is in fact the bully out of the two and when she doesn't get her way, she takes to hitting. (Insert heavy sigh from me here)...
This is more important than Savannah, GA selling St. Patrick's Day parking in advance.
"I didn't hit him, I was just reading quietly."
"When we think Mommy isn't looking..." we do a lot we aren't supposed to. Ainsley is the worst. There may be several chairs in the kitchen with sharpie drawings on them. Doritos have been purposefully dumped on the coffee table. They also tell each other to smell the other's feet. There's something about stinky kid feet that really cracks them up.
This is more important than Georgia's "winter storm"

"Mommy is mean". This can be a blanket statement for a number of things, but specifically I won't let the kids eat condiments for dinner. Sorry, kiddos but honey mustard is not a main course.
This is more important than Atlanta mayor's car booted for illegal parking.
"But Mom, I really want to eat all of the honey mustard!"
I do think "adult" current events are important, so please don't misunderstand that. And I do realize there's more going on out there than just "Georgia related" stuff. I maintain the fact that this is my little space, and I can write what I want. So there!
What current events would you say we really need to know about right now? Is there something more important than the crazy winter weather?
 photo featured sponsor2_zpsov6ixzlo.jpg

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

20 comments :

  1. Ha LOVE this! oh & are you included in the GA state of emergency they are starting at 2pm?! We are & I am dreading it. Hopefully all will be good & its just them covering their asses bc of last time! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. schools are letting out two hours early here. not sure if it's a state of emergency or not but I doubt anything will stick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted a news update there is a chance of snow here. Oh Lord. Here we go again! Ha! I am so ready for bathing suit weather. Or rather " crying bc I cant wear a bathing suit bc I chose to eat cookies instead of work out" weather.Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! The only thing I've heard about is weather the past two weeks since kentucky shut down! Ugh! This is refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol happy to cheer you up! :) our schools are getting out 2 hours early today. Most are closed all together though. GA might be over reacting a tad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! Their current events are way more fun! adult current events can be scary hah! LOVE THIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I LOVE THIS! Kids current events are way cooler than ours :) your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol thanks so much sweet friend! (I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!) I had fun writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW! it's been too long! ive been trying to find time to blog without a laptop. not that easy! But I found time today! So glad you're back at it! you're so cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I think it's hilarious that they booted Kasim's car. he runs his mouth off too much for my liking.


    I love that Ainsley is temper tantruming in a tutu. your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my computer hates me and my reply disappeared. ugh. but YES, I thought it was hilarious when I read about Kasim! way too funny. I had to include it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute!! Love your photos. And ohhhhhh, how I can relate!! I can't tell you how many times I am "mean" each day <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this because it is so important to take into consideration what's going on in their minds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! You have 2 really adorable munchkins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. According to Bear I don't share my food with him enough. And the cats don't think I give them enough attention, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. worst pet mom ever! hahahah I mean c'mon, why won't you share?! even just a nibble? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. exactly! Esp when they're screaming in fits of rage. usually it's because they can't find the words they want.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol "mean" mommies are the best ones!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete