Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Day of School!

Yesterday was the first day of school (Pre-K)... An accurate start to the morning went something like this from Zander to me:
...and when I realized what day it was:

Honestly I am happy. Zander is excited about school, and he's been looking forward to this for MONTHS. But at the same time, I'm getting so teary eyed writing this. My baby is officially in PRESCHOOL!

How is it possible that he went from this:

 to this?


He also almost forgot to say good-bye to us.
With his school, we just have to drop him off and his teachers will take them out of the car and walk them into the class. Each car has a yellow name tag that the teachers made so they know which kid goes with which car. Zander didn't even look back when he got out of the car.


I promise I only teared up a little bit after he went into the school. I was worried about Ainsley being without brother all day, but of course she did wonderfully and when the sitter picked him up from school she said Ainsley was so excited to see brother. I'm glad that they're so close, but it's also good to know that Ainsley can cope without him around all day.

His teachers said he did wonderfully and everyone loves him. (duh, no surprise there!) Zander said his favorite part was playing outside on the playground. Again, no surprise since he literally would be outside all day if we let him! I'd say pre-k is a complete success! 

And I didn't even call the school while he was there to check on him!

5 comments :

  1. My oldest starts pre-K next month so I feel you on this post! She was in preschool last year, but it was only two days a week compared to four this year! I hope she has a smooth transition too :) (And me, lets be honest.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add this to the pile of things that make me feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Can't be the easiest thing to realize he's all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww! It's so hard to let your baby! I don't know if it's good or bad when they are so willing to just go!

    ReplyDelete