Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm Such a Bad Runner!

Y'all, I haven't been to the gym since May. It's officially August! That's nearly three months that I haven't lifted weights or done any serious cardio. The plus side? I haven't gained any weight. The downside? I haven't lost any weight either. I've maintained. Which, I suppose isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm very disappointed in myself that I haven't done more to get / stay in shape.

September is quickly approaching. Which of course means,  I have a 5k to run. My aunt that's running it with me has been doing so good in working out everyday! I just suck. It's my own damn fault though. When I lost my old job, I stopped going to the gym. I just couldn't justify paying a gym membership when paying my light bill was there too. After that, I stayed home with the kids and just stopped working out. I knew it would happen... I don't have the motivation to do anything at home. I tell myself all the time that I need to.



So why don't I? Why don't I just get off my ass and do something?
I have every excuse under the sun as to why, and I know y'all have heard them all. From "I'm too tired" to "I'm too busy". The busy part really isn't true anymore. By the time I get home from work, I still have time in the day to work out. I just don't. Honestly, I'm just too lazy.

What am I really trying to say in this post? I don't know. I started out thinking I was going to pump myself up and get this whole plan together about how I would work out "x" amout during the week, but if I'm really honest with myself that's not going to happen. I'm not sure what needs to change or what I need to do. Maybe y'all can give me some pointers in the comments. Who knows.

I do know I will still be running the Run or Dye race next month. I may be slower than turtles in peanut butter, but damnit I'll be racing! I do know I absolutely don't want to gain any weight back. We like this girl, and we want her to lose another 25-30 lbs!



5 comments :

  1. Just do it! No excuses! Just do it. :)
    So so easy to just keep not going once you've stopped and the hardest thing is to start working out again, but just do it. Remind yourself that you know you'll feel a lot better once you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta get back on the wagon of sorts!!! Just get into it (oh how hard it is!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you on this one... I can't keep myself motivated either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't keep myself motivated and it would be better if I had a partner to do it with me. That way I would be motivated and we could motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you. And there is a freaking elliptical in my living room. My air conditioned living room in from of the tv. I have zero excuses. I just don't want to.

    ReplyDelete