Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Favorites and Potential Soulmates

This week was such an "off" week for me. I managed to get quite a few blog posts out there in blog land, but I'm not overly proud of many of them. In case you missed it though, I did do a DIY posts. That one I'm very proud of. (If you know me well, you know DIY isn't one of my strong points).

Today most of my favorite blogs to read are spreading the blog love and linking up with Meagan for Friday Favorites. The past few weeks in my posts I've shared quite a few of my favorites, but this week I'm going to just share my top three. Kay? Kay. No real reason why... just because it's my blog and I want to. (Gosh, I sounded like the four year old version of me just then!)

All The Joys Friday Favorites


+ Christina at The Mediocre Housewife has quickly become one of my favoite reads. Each week her posts about her pregnancy and/or kids having me laughing way too loudly at my desk because I can relate to so much of what she says. This week: Silly Rules for the Sandbox. Because normal sandbox rules don't apply here.

+ The "Florkens" Post this week really hit the nail on the head with me.
Life isn't always "blogworthy"
It's just not. I know I try to post my happy stuff, but sometimes it's forced. I really admire Kate and Adam posting this, and what was even cooler -- the amount of people on social media that reached out to them just to say "yep, been there too... we're thinking of you!" Amazing!

from my Twitter notifications
+ Anne at Love the Here and Now continued the "not trying so hard" theme and bravely posted a photo shoot of her in a new dress as part of her Wednesday Wishes! I say bravely because she mentions in her post about being camera shy, but honestly y'all she's gorgeous and the camera loves her. So go tell her how pretty she is in her new dress!





So there you have it, folks. my top three reads for this week! Trust me, there were many more!
To conclude this Fabulous Friday, I'm sharing one more post from Emily at Designs by Emily!
She's put together a blogging soulmate pairing. Just fill out the form by the 14th and by the 21st you'll be matched with your blogging soulmate! How fun is that?!
Be sure to post about it on social medial with #bloggingsoulmate


2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for including my post in this. You are too kind with your words! Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see who I get. I did a pen pal thing a while back but got someone who could only email and it didnt' work out. I'm one who loves email and snail mail. Not sure how this soul mate thing will work. but I hope it goes great.

    ReplyDelete