Friday, September 19, 2014

Celebrations and Blog Love

Y'all, I'm nervous. There, I said it... yes, I'm nervous. Tonight hubby and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary in the city. This of course means the kids will be left with my mother in law tonight and tomorrow. This is the first time we're leaving BOTH kids with someone overnight, and that's what's making me nervous. (I know, I know... I shouldn't be; they'll be fine; blah, blah, blah). I was the same way when we left Zander alone for an overnight stay. I'm just a wimp. BUT, I know Josh and I will have a great time! I still don't know all of the details, because he's keeping most of this a surprise. I'm very impressed with that, by the way because normally Josh isn't the planner in this marriage! SO, this is the last I'm going to think about not having my kids this weekend and I'm just going to enjoy celebrating our anniversary! (Just like a good wife should, right?) Ha.

Anyhoo... IT IS FRIDAY! Of course that means we're sharing the #bloggerlove and linking up with Meagan from All the Joys. Once again, this week was filled with amazing posts! I seriously loved Anne's suggestion to help remember faves throughout the week by using bloglovin! What a help, thanks, Anne! So let's do this, y'all!
All The Joys Friday Favorites
+ Kenji from Kenji is Here wrote a beautiful post for Emily's Grateful Heart Linkup. Simplicity is Key. It's so very true. Honestly, how many times have y'all de-cluttered your desk or closet and just felt so much better afterwards? *Raises Hand!*

+ Christine at The So-Called Homemaker gave some great tips on How to Be an Awesome Sponsor. I happen to agree with all of her tips. I've been lucky in that all of the ladies that I've sponsored have been amazing and I have no complaints! But, if you're new to sponsorship's, these are some great tips! Take notes, y'all.

+ Cassie from Sage the Blog shared the story behind one of her tattoos. I'm a big fan of tattoos, and I always love to hear / see the story behind someone's tattoo. Especially if that tattoo is REALLY pretty and very well done!

+ Katie from Life Is... wrote this beatuiful post on Wednesday, Early Morning Thoughts. I really needed this post this week. A gentle, peacful reminder to love yourself and to slow down.

+ Amy at Set Free. Her post: How I Keep My Marriage Alive After Kids really hit the nail on the head. (But ALL of the Mama Tells All link up posts were amazing) But Amy said something I think a lot of us forgot to say: Take time for your friends! Even though you're married you can't stop seeing your friends. It's just so very true!

Who were your favorites this week? I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll do my best to do a weekend recap of a kid-free anniversary celebration. Don't worry y'all I'll leave out the dirty parts ;) ha.

17 comments :

  1. Thanks for the love girl! I hope you have a blast on your anniversary weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the weekend! I'm sure it'll be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you! I appreciate the love my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome! It was a great post, of course a lot of yours are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much! I honestly think the plans have changed last minute... fingers crossed for a Helen visit! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks! I'll be sure to fill everyone in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved these posts! All great ones. Have a great time tonight and tomorrow. Relax and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much! I had to voice my nerves on the blog so I could enjoy this weekend. ha! I know we'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have so much fun!! Good for you getting away, I love doing that :) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great posts!! Fab pics :) and I hope you had an AWESOME time celebrating the anniversary!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a FANTASTIC celebration weekend!! :)
    And your picks are great - I enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw! Well happy anniversary and enjoy the time alone together :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you guys!!! I hope you had a great time- can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL well, our plans to get away were ruined by sick kids but it's still been a great weekend. I will definitely have an update nonetheless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. awwww no!!!!!! Alright well I hope you two get your date night soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the love!! I am just getting caught up on here...I hope you had the best time away with your man! And I'm sure the kids had a blast, too! Doesn't that make your momma heart full?? To know you can leave and they'll still love you when you come back! I'm so glad you took time away, even though it was hard. I'm sure that meant so much to your man!

    ReplyDelete