Saturday, October 25, 2014

Late To the Party

By the time you read this, It'll be Saturday. Which means Josh, the kids, and I will be in downtown Lawrenceville getting our family pictures for the year taken. I absolutely love getting pictures taken. Josh could care less. I have family pictures everywhere and I usually use these as Christmas Cards. Yes, I'm THAT mom. We also have a lot of family out of town so we'll send prints to them.

This week has kind of flew by in a blur. a few blog worthy things took place. I mentioned some of them on social media briefly, but I'll have to get into more detail later.
I did buy new boots this week. You may have seen them on insta, but I'm in love. Believe it or not, these were at Wal-Mart! I was shocked too. Now I have two pairs of Wal-Mart boots that were a steal. My black ones have held up almost three years now! The other shoe in the picture are my steel toe shoes from work. lol. oops. should've cropped / edited the picture!

Yesterday I revealed my Pretty Little Beauty Swap. I'm still loving all of my fun new things
Today, I'm late to the party but I'm linking up with Meagan from All The Joys to share the Blogger love.
All The Joys Friday Favorites
Here are some of my faves from the week! As always, there were just too many to choose from.

+ Emily at Ember Grey reminded us this week that sometimes we don't always see what God has in store for us. Sometimes is takes A Few More Steps just to really see the big picture. I really loved this post because I know I'm guilty of "wanting it now!" [stamps feet and all!] Emily is so great about writing posts that I need to see and I didn't even know I needed to see them until I read them!

+ Amanda from Notes From a Newlywed touched on weight issues from the "skinny" side of the spectrum with I'm One of Those Skinny B*tches. I really loved Amanda's honesty about her story, and it really shed some light for me because I struggle with weight the other way- I can't get it off where as she can't keep it on. Her post is a great reminder to just think about what you're saying and how you say it. Even though you might think you're sounding mean, your words might still be hurtful.

+ Meagan from All The Joys (wonderful host!) almost had a heart-broken child with Where's Puppy?. I've been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt with Zander. I knew exactly the feels Meagan was feeling seeing the look on her daughter's face when Puppy was missing. Ugh! Tug at my heartstrings more, Meagan! lol!

+ Lindsay at Burbon, Lipstick, and Stilletos  was my life saver this week. I'm not even kidding a little bit. The day I started feeling a cold coming on, I was being a whiney butt on social media. And then I read Lindsay's blog! THIS! Celebrate Southern: Hot Toddy... this was my life saver. Hot Toddies. I forgot all about these for fighting that scratch in your throat. Thank you Lindsay for looking out for me, but not really.

+ Kendra from Kenji is Here is a craft guru! I can knit with needles. Allbeit not very well, but I can. Kendra proved It's Easier Than You Think to knit without needles. She's made some adorable scarves. I have a feeling this will be what everyone is getting for Christmas this year!

Did you have some of the same favorites as me?
What will y'all be doing this weekend?

18 comments :

  1. Hey at least we found Puppy! I had our pics taken a few weeks ago... And have already ordered our Christmas cards, so I'm with you on that :) thanks for linking up - I hope the kiddos cooperate with the photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these posts, too! Thanks for the love- I never knew so many people needed a hot toddy this week! Good luck with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love those boots! I may need to stop in Walmart later lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those boots...great find! I want to learn how to knit. Never considered doing it without needles. Off to check out that post now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic boots!! These were all great posts - I enjoyed them all! :) I hope your photos turned out well - we've got ours booked in a few weeks. We'll see how big this bump gets before then..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting!! I can't wait to see how your pictures turn out. What will y'all wear?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems so easy!! Really glad she shared that one. We're having a great weekend. Hope y'all are too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes!! They're so comfy to . I've worn them all weekend so far

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures turned out well I think. The kids cooperated and everyone is feeling better :) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They did great yesterday. My photographer is a long time friend. She has two young kids as well SSSI she was able to take over 300 pics in an hour. We had a lot of fun. Can't wait for Christmas cards now! And yes, at least you found puppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute boots!! And I love that you take family pictures and use them as Christmas cards... those are my favorite kinds to get! Thank you for the blog love :) I laughed over your stomping of the feet. Been there, done that, lady! He can surely take it! ;) XO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your post the other day and didn't remember if I commented on those boots. I didn't. LOVE those boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wally world!! Go to Walmart. They're fantastic. Same price as target

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks sweetie!! I got them from Walmart! Believe it or not. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love getting those kind of Christmas cards too. Glad I could relate to the foot stamp! haha! :D Luckily Josh was a good sport this weekend and we got tons of great pictures. I can't wait to see them now! She showed me a few after she took them, but her editing skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh. No idea!!! Any recommendations for what colors work good for these things? We wore black last time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We wore jeans with blues and whites in our shirts this year. Last year were shades of yellows 👍

    ReplyDelete