Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Show Her What She's Won!

If y'all have been around my instagram and twitter lately, then you know what I've won gotten.
That's right, A BRAND NEW CAR!


Y'all... I'm not even kidding a little bit when I say brand new. I'm outrageously nervous, but just as excited. The best thing about it being new is that it'll be mine FOREVER. This is the FIRST new car I've ever had. I'm the FIRST owner of the car. Please forgive me while I freak out a little more. K,thanks.

The whole experience buying the car really wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. We had an appointment for 12:30 on Sunday afternoon. I had been talking to one of the customer service reps for a few days so I knew what to bring on Sunday.
When we arrived, I was a little a lot nervous for how the day would turn out. We weren't really greeted warmly when we walked through the door. (I had expected every salesman/woman and their mom to come running for us!) I guess it's good they didn't though. I honestly probably would've left if they did.
Someone finally acknowledged us and when she found out we had an appointment she quickly offered water, coffee, peanuts, etc (were we on an American Airlines flight??)

She then brought us to Mat. At first I didn't know what to think about Mat. He seemed new and fidgety. After what seemed like ages, he found out what we were looking for, but also that there was close to a snowball's chance in hell that I would be approved for something. Our main intent for the visit was to see where I stood / what else I would need to get a car. Of course I filled out the application, and it got swooped away to the "secured document area". Very similar to Fort Knox I'm sure.

What felt like hours (was probably only 10 minutes) Mat came back smiling. And he brought someone else. Terrence. Terrence was very happy to see us. This made me nervous because I didn't think they should be so happy knowing what was on my credit score! Clearly it wasn't as bad as I thought. Mat introduced Terrence as his manager and he was there to congratulate us because I could get into a brand new car with no down payment. I immediately retorted, "yeah, but what would the payments be? I can't afford something that's more than my rent!" Terrence showed us the different options.
I kept looking at Josh because I didn't think any of this was real. No way the deal could be THAT good. Apparently it was. Josh assured me that I/ We could afford it. He reminded me we needed the car. I shook Mat and Terrence's hands and we made a deal.

Then the paperwork. Oh My God the paperwork. I'm so thankful my mother in law kept the kids for us on Sunday because we were at the dealership for THREE HOURS. Not even kidding a little bit. When we finally got the key, Terrence came over the loud speaker with the most embarrassing thing ever, "Attention Rick Hendrick employees and customers! Please congratulate Melissa Camacho on purchasing her brand new Chevrolet Cruze!" OH EM GEE! I was RED!
But it's done. I have a car. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that it's MINE. I can personalize it. It's NOT a rental. (It's so new that it feels like a rental!).

So here it is... MY BRAND NEW CAR!!! eeeekkk!




AND! because my Post was over 500 words, I'm linking up with Becca at Becoming Adorrable today! Check her out she's awesome!
500 Word Challenge

32 comments :

  1. Congratulations! It's a beautiful car! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoooo! I think that no matter where you guy car buying is the same experience. It's like they all go to the same training somewhere in the middle of alaska or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I think the Cruze is going to be my next car. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the best feeling?! I've leased new cars, but have only ever bought used. Congrats girl! Have fun with it (but not too much haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so freaking excited for you! If must feel really good to not have to rely on others anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's SO amazing not to have to rely on anyone anymore. PLUS Josh gets the kids ready in the morning and takes them to school now. WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh girl, I'm still driving like a Grandma... Plus the car tells me how much MPG I'm getting so I try to pay attention to that. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go to Rick Hendrick in Buford and tell them I referred you!!! No but seriously, they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bahahaha "in the middle of alaska!" hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much! I love it. I love being FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm coming to visit now! hahaha. except not immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHH! Yay!! I have definitely been swindled by more than one car man, so I'm glad you got a good deal!! it's so prettyyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I bought my first new car ever in December. I was surprised too by how easy it was, but you're right...the paperwork took FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new car and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw the car on your Insta congrats girl! Vroom vroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's so pretty!! So happy for you!! And I love how happy you are...being able to buy and provide for your family like that...no greater blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! Buying a new car is both exciting and nerve wracking. Enjoy your beautiful car. Please give us a tour inside, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! It's so exciting. I remember the first day I had my car I had to work and all day at work I wanted to leave..and actually did leave early to go drive my car around. Be excited you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks so much sweetie! I really love it. My hubby loves that it's a not a v6 and it's better on MPG so we don't have to take his car everywhere now. haha. I bought a pretty steering wheel cover for it over the weekend to make it feel more like mine. it's SO new I was feeling like it was a rental still. haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much! I will have to take pics of the inside. it's so shiny! I have onstar and XM radio for 6 months, so I'm taking advantage of that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with your husband on the v6. I got a v6 and I never will again...yes the acceleration is great but I'm not about the gas money. I guess it's better than a v8!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you!! :) It really means a lot that you say that. I'm walking proof that when things look darkest just give it to God and something bright always shines through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha! Zander keeps telling me it should've been a black car though. Not sure what his love for black cars is, but he likes that the back windows go ALL the way down (not jsut 3/4 of the way)

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you! :) I was able to link up a few times last week. I hope y'all are enjoying disney! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. YES omg the paperwork!!! Why is there SO MUCH?! I mean I know why, but they make you sit and wait FOREVER! ugggghhh. Congrats on your purchase in Dec! what did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you!!! :D I highly suggest Rick Hendrick if you're ever in the buford area. I think there might be one in Atl though... maybe. not sure. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  27. GIRL! I had a v8 a few years ago. a 92 Lincoln Town car. NEVER AGAIN! driving an hour ONE WAY to work cost me sooo much moneyyyyy.... it was horrible! For me to get 30 mpg in the city is a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the new car!!!! Nothing like that new car smell ammiright

    ReplyDelete