Monday, December 1, 2014

Morning Rainstorm.

She wakes to the sound of rain hitting the roof. 
At first you think she's going to be heartbroken.
Heartbroken because it's too cold to splash in the puddles today.
Her tiny heart crushed because she can't dance with the raindrops. 
And then a smile appears. 
Her eyes brighten. 
She's thrilled just being able to watch from the warmth of the house. 
The little explorer is satisfied just from watching the puddles form in the yard.
Watching the water splash off of the fall leaves. 
A smile. A laugh. All is right in her tiny little world. 
It's better than T.V. It's better than splashing. 
Mommy let her climb to the big window. 
This is enough.
This is all she wanted this morning. This and cheerios.
And my heart is warm knowing she is happy.

Today I'm linking up with Emily for Grateful Heart Mondays. 
I'm grateful for moments like these with my kids. I'm grateful that they enjoy the simplicity of watching a rainfall from the window. I'm grateful they can appreciate the little things. I love that little moments like this give them such joy. Joy in nature, joy in life.
Let's not forget the little things in life this week. Let's just enjoy the sound of the rain hitting the roof and watching the puddles form through the window. 
Grateful Heart Linkup with Ember Grey
 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

35 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness how sweet is that! You should print that and frame it in her room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I didn't even think about that! What a great idea! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this!!! These are the best "mama moments" of all! So happy to have read this, this morning!!! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Make a cute image of it on PicMonkey or something and then take it to staples and have it printed out poster size for like $6! You can get poster frames from Walmart for pretty cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Such a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is so beautifully written! I love that picture too - she is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you enjoyed it :) <3 Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The smiles of our babes, that's all it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you! Of course she was way too high up, but I had to catch the shot. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you! :) I'm pleased with how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is, isn't it? I just love their smiles! :) makes it all worth it

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 thank you!! :) this was one of those "in the moments" where I knew I had to write something down. :) glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww so cute. Sometimes all we need are smiles from our littles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. amen to that! esp after little tantrums. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ummmmmmm. THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Melissa!! This is my most favorite post of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're seriously making me blush. I was excited about this post but I just thought it was one of those things where I think it's the bomb dot com and everyone else is like "ummmm .... no...." not the case. I'm SERIOUSLY blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I love how they are completely content - and awed - by the smallest things too...it's just amazing seeing how tiny things are little miracles to their eyes!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an absolutely sweet picture!!! I love watching it rain, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awe now that is just too sweet. I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. me too! Only I enjoy curling up with a blanket and coffee while watching it

    ReplyDelete
  21. YES! I love watching them learn new things and try new things. Watching the wonder in their tiny eyes. SO GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful post.....thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet post Melissa. You totally put in to words some of the fleeting thoughts that go through my mind daily as I watch my son grow up before my eyes. It really does go way, way too fast.

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, V thanks soo much for your sweet words. It really goes so quickly watching the kids grow. I love seeing the innocence of them watching the rainfall or a hummingbird fly.

    ReplyDelete