Thursday, December 4, 2014

What He Wants for Christmas

Is it just me, or does it seem like the men in my life are the most difficult to shop for? Women I know have pinterest pages, and wish lists on amazon, and circled items in pages of the recent Tiffany magazine. Just me? Ok... moving on. I'm lucky that I know my husband really well and I know his interests. But what about the other men in my life? Like my dad. Sure, every year he says "Don't get me anything." My sister and I never listen though. Never. He always ends up with something from the both of us.
Linking up with Ash and Tay for #Blogmas14
#Blogmas14

Dad Gifts

// Drumsticks. My dad is a drummer. I learned at a very young age that he goes through drumsticks like most people go through chapstick. (or is that just me again?) So every Christmas he gets a nice shiny pair of new drumsticks!

// A silly tie. Don't judge. He loves these things. Sure, some years he'll get a nice one from me, but my dad is a jokester and silly ties are his thing.

// A shirt with a statement. (not pictured) Did I mention my dad is a jokester? I got him a shirt very similar to this last year and he LOVED it. He even wore it after Christmas. (Get it? Noel?) Yeah, a few of the family members thought I was dumb for getting it for him.

// Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. For the man in your life that likes to know a bunch of random crap. And to learn said random crap while... well, you get it.
// Meats and Cheeses. Because show me a guy that doesn't love some good meats and cheeses.

// A new Calendar. My dad ALWAYS (always) gets my sister and I a new calendar for Christmas. He's done it for as long as I can remember, so I started returning the favor. Even though Grandma always (always) makes a family Christmas calendar. (more on that another time). He likes his silly stuff.

// Hotwheels. My dad has a collection. He never takes these out of the packaging, and they're displayed on a WALL in his office. Yes, a wall. It's really very cool to see.

What would you get a special guy in your life? Anything on here strike your fancy? 

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

24 comments :

  1. The only guy I usually buy for is my brother...he's a professional golfer so my go-to is golf clothes..I'm the one that purchases the neon colored pants and crazy prints. I like to spice things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic!! I love it when you can get fun gifts and they still appreciate them

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I love these ideas. My dad is pretty goofy, so at least for his birthday or Christmas or Father's Day (or something), I try to find him something to suite his personality. Great ideas!! I almost always get Pepperidge Farm meats/cheeses for our dads. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be afraid to get my husband the bathroom reader.... He spends enough time in there as it is! lol! Your dad sounds like he would be a lot of fun. My father in law is too serious for some of these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meats and cheeses are always a great way to go for dads! Sounds like your dad and my dad would get along swimmingly. haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIGHT?! My husband too. Not that he really reads in the bathroom... or at all... but who's going to risk it, right? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What my husband wants is either way out of the price range or something I can't imagine buying. He is really tough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men really are tough to buy for. Hubs for example only wants really stupidly expensive things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys are so tough. M always wants expensive things, or things that I couldn't possibly pick out on my own (like golfing gear or the right electronic toy)! I usually give him things he needs instead like dress shirts and ties for work, or a pair of cufflinks. Sometimes cologne! He buys the things he wants then for his birthday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubs wants electric drums for Christmas... So I went to 5 below & got his butt a toy table top drum set. He keeps it at work and plays w it! Ha, close enough I guess. He is easy to buy for, he just likes expensive things! But he bought him self some drum sticks..... No drums though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha, these are the cutest ideas! Men are sooo hard to shop for!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahahahaha! I literally laughed out loud when I read the Uncle John's comment! :) Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men are SO hard to buy for! My dad too - if he thinks of something he wants, he just buys it. We are constantly (yelling) telling him to stop doing that and wait for Christmas or his birthday. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fun ideas! I struggle to find presents for the men in my life, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that seems to be the norm. Or Josh will just buy it himself! silly men!

    ReplyDelete
  16. RIGHT? whyyy do they do that?? ridonkulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh too. or he buys it himself. I can usually get away with getting him a movie he hasn't seen yet or a nice new watch. He doesn't wear ties, so I enjoy getting those for my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHAH that's awesome. at least it it works! what a great compromise. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks! and yes! they are!! luckily I can get away with getting similar things each year and the men in my life don't seem to care. haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was hoping someone would laugh at that!! hahaha. thanks though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I yell at josh all year long not to get a movie or game he wants BEFORE Christmas. He doesn't get that his mom, my mom, my aunt... all these women want to get him something for Christmas! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks sweetie! :) I don't know why the guys have to be so difficult

    ReplyDelete
  23. Men are totally difficult to shop for. Luckily for my dad I just take him out to dinner. For my husband? He said he thinks presents should be useful. So... deodorant, pajamas, thermal shirts, underwear, etc. That's for him!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey! At least Thomas is easy to shop for!

    ReplyDelete