Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Shop Until You Drop

This may surprise some of my friends out there, but I'm not a huge fan of shopping. I'm not. I don't like the crowds and I don't like trying to drive all over the world trying to find the best deal. If I'm going shopping it's because I have something specific in mind to purchase.

However! There are a few shops that are local to Monroe that I swear by. This month with Tell me about your town, we're talking all about local shops. Perfect for the holidays, and if you ever come visit, I promise we really can shop until we drop if that's what you're in to.

Linking up with Amanda for Tell Me About Your Town.
The Rambling Llama
You know the "Shop Local" campaign that's out there lately? The idea is to shop in the small local shops to support local businesses. These are everywhere in Monroe. As you walk the streets of downtown you see the "shop local" sign in most of the windows. It's even better with the whole city decorated for Christmas! I seriously love the small town feel of the town I live in. It's just so freaking adorable.
Downtown Square

This cute little shop has so many adorable clothes! From kids clothes to plus size women's clothes! They're affordable too and with such great quality. I love finding little shops like this. You can tell the owners really care about their designs. When we were walking through the town recently, Zander had to poke his head in the window and said, "Mommy! There's a cool shirt in there you would like!" Thanks, kid. haha.

Don't want the overly priced / overly sold stuff you find in bath & body works? Check out Rinse! Everything in this shop is made by hand. It's not just soaps either. There's lip balms, essential oils, and healing therapy scents. My favorite purchase? The body scrubs. Seriously. Their sugar scrubs are SO much better than anything from Bath & Body Works! 

The picture wasn't that great, but Lollipops is to the left of Amici's (really great pizza place btw!) Lollipops has the cutest kids clothes EVER! Once again, all hand made and all carefully crafted.  LOVE it! 

So where would you shop in your town? Do you have any local shops like these? Be sure to link up with Amanda and share! Or just stop on by to see me and we can have a blast!

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

24 comments :

  1. How cute is your town! We don't have a lot of local places, but I do shop "local" when in Louisville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I really love it. We live about a mile from the downtown square (where all of these pics were taken) so we spend a lot of time downtown :) plus they have so many great festivals and farmer's markets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of shopping either hahah you and me are two peas in a pod girl!! Monroe is so cute, we have Amicis too yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downtown looks adorable. I don't love shopping either but something about roaming downtown is fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little town! There's such an ambiance to small towns and shops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I'm not a fan of shopping at all. I'd rather order online so I don't have to worry about it ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Amici! We have a little italy's that has amazing pizza too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's so cute! it's even better at night all dressed up for Christmas. the lights are adorable! :) I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to not loving shopping. But I'm all for browsing farmer's markets and roaming downtown for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're just the best! I love that the ones we have mostly have homemade stuff. even the soaps! :) they're so fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL me too, girl... me too. I love my amazon prime! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soon we're gonna have a shopping day next time I'm in Georgia?

    ReplyDelete
  12. downtown square looks so cute! i also really don't like shopping either...and don't even get me started on window shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man. Amici's sounds delicious right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One thing we can disagree about - I LOVE shopping :) Your town looks really cute, and now I want pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  15. come get pizza!! You know I could eat it all the time with you! :) Monroe has great pizza with homemade crusts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL right there with you! all the way. I love our square. it's soo pretty all decorated for Christmas! We have a sales guy that lives in Bend, OR. next time he comes into town I'll let you know so you can hitch a flight with him and walk the square with me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, a LOCAL and better version of B&BW? I am so there. I love that idea! That's one thing we don't really have - a few crafters sell some random soaps and stuff, but we don't have a dedicated store like that. That downtown square looks charming too! Thanks so much for joining again - I love having you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's seriously way better than B&BW! There's no annoying "cucumber melon" and it's all natural / hand made! just the best! Come visit and we'd so go there! :) this shop started as just selling at the local farmer's market every weekend. When they rented out this shop and made the store I was SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love small towns. Love them. I attended college in a very small town, and the shopping was amazing. Your pictures are so beautiful! I am not sure where I live right now...thinking town on the verge of small city, but I grew up in a large city, so I enjoy both ends of the spectrum. Happy Tuesday, sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to come visit you soon & visit some of the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sounds great-thanks so much! give me enough time because it takes 4 hours to get to bend from here and i don't want to miss the flight :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. YESS!!! I need to snuggle the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL our population in this town is less than 14,000 so it's very much a small town. I love it! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete