Friday, December 19, 2014

Oooh, I Love the Way You Love Me!

Happy Friday! Y'all, I'm so beyond excited for this weekend! The weekend will be jam packed full, but it will be spent with tons of family and friends. AND if you're not following me on instagram (but if you're not- WHY NOT?! you need to be!!!) then you don't know about my super exciting news.

Tomorrow we'll be adding a new member to our family. (No, y'all I have not been hiding a pregnancy) Tomorrow we'll be going to pick up this sweet, adorable baby. OK.. technically he's not a baby. He's about one year old. He's fixed, house trained and SO super sweet! I cannot wait to get him. The kids are going be to thrilled. Even though Zander drives a very hard bargain when it comes to his Christmas gift this year, I think he'll be thrilled. (Basically Zander ONLY wants a power wheels / battery powered John Deere tractor) This kid... I swear... BUT he is getting that. And a dog. As of Saturday. Fingers crossed things go well. hahaha. I'll definitely be sharing more about this guy on another day. I'm such a tease.

Saturday night we'll be spending the evening having Mexican with my mom's side of the family and doing Christmas with them a little early. My grandpa lives about an hour and a half away from everyone, so we always get together and do Christmas either before or after the actual holiday. It's always a great time!

Sunday... actually we might not have anything planned for Sunday. Probably a day spent making last minute Christmas gifts! I'm so behind this year, it's borderline ridiculous!

TODAY is Friday though.
On Friday's we link up with Meagan
for some Blogger Love and Friday Favorites!
All The Joys Friday Favorites
Some of my faves from the week:

+ Sheryl // How to Make a Life : Put Your Phone Down! We live in a day where most things are seen through the screens of our cell phones. Down to concerts and events. Some couples are even glued to their phones during DATES. I love Sheryl's post this week. A gentle reminder that there's REAL LIFE to be seen away from the cell phone screen!

+ Kasey // Kasey at the Bat : Top 5 Ways to Win your Tacky Sweater Party. T'is the season for tacky sweater parties! I'm bummed I missed the one with the Atlanta Bloggers this week. However, Kasey has some pretty amazing tips that are sure to put you in the winner's circle for your tacky sweater party!

+ Kristyn AND Tabitha // Chits & Giggles AND A Hundred Tiny Wishes : These two collaborated with 10 Ways Kids and Animals Are the Same. I  laughed my whole way through this, nodding my head the entire time. Both ladies nailed it with this one. Such a great collaboration!

+ Nina // Flowers in My Hair : When Christmas is Hard. Sure, this may not be what everyone wants to or needs to read, but it's real and it's honest and I LOVE Nina for posting it. Christmases can be hard. Heck, any holiday can be. When emotions run wild and memories are flared up it's HARD. Her message is excellent in this post!

+ Kerri // Hey Kerri Blog : DIY Sugar Hand Scrub. Y'all, if I've said it once on here I've said it a million times: I don't have a creative bone in my body. I want to be the girl that does DIY Christmas gifts but year after year I'm not. THIS YEAR Though, my bloggy buddies have come through and saved me with all of y'all crafting ideas. Kerri is no different. This sugar hand scrub looks SO easy and SO CHEAP! Heck yeah! Love this gal! She's the best.

What were some of your favorite posts for the week? I hope y'all have an amazing weekend!

 photo TRLSigNov2014_zps7a838dc4.png

22 comments :

  1. I can't wait to pick him up tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Can't wait to see how the kids react!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and PROPERLY introduce him on the blog. :) Happy Friday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lady, thanks for including my posts as one of your favorites!! I so appreciate that. I can't wait to hear more about your newest member! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh he looks like a little love bug I am so excitedddddddddd

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so welcome!! I have a feeling you'll be on several peoples' lists today!! ;) it was a great post. We'll officially introduce the new family member next week. with tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ME TOO!!! SOOO much excitement!! ahhhh!!! We'll officially introduce him next week with tons of pictures. I CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR YOU! I hope Zander picks a good name (hint hint: Moose!)


    And I so so so loved Kristyn and Tabitha's post this week!! SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYYYY, not going to lie .. your hand scrub turned out MUCH cuter than mine!! LOL


    Also. OMG YOU'RE GETTING A FREAKING PUPPY!!!!!!! That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just watched a bunch of clips of people receiving dogs as their Christmas presents. Hilarious! I am a bit jealous that you are getting to do it!


    ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay puppppppy! so excited to hear the response from your kids because they are going to have so much much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so exciting that you're getting a dog! Your kids will love it I'm sure :) I wish I was getting one this Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So exciting for you guys! Glad you found a doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That face!!!! :) And uh, Zander- best Christmas EVER, buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HE has NO IDEA how good it'll be! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. you need one too! hahaha time to convince the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how was mine cuter though? I thought I did it the same?!?!
    AAAAND The puppy is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BAHAHAA I'm so late to reply to this buttttt you know his name now! haha

    ReplyDelete